Thursday 28 July 2016

Afternoon tea at Sketch



Back in mid June I had afternoon tea at Sketch.

 'Sketch is a complex and unique site. Conceived by French master chef Pierre Gagnaire and restaurateur Mazouz, it has attracted unprecedented media reaction for its myriad food, drink and entertainment styles since it opened in December 2002. Gagnaire's culinary genius has inspired the menus throughout sketch. His eponymous Michelin three-starred Paris restaurant has a distinctive menu style, which Gagnaire had adapted for sketch. Executed by his acolytes, the food is imaginative, bold, ground-breaking and delicious. These two visionaries have come together to create sketch...' https://sketch.london/what.php#gsc.tab=0

Ive seen so many photos on bloggers and famous peoples social medias of them posing in the restroom. CLASSY! Haha, no really. The restroom at Sketch is amazing, the ceiling has multi coloured tiles on. It reminds me of a dance floor, haha. The restroom for both ladies and gents is open, its like a giant room. Except, one side is the gents and the other is the ladies toilets. Its pretty confusing at first because from what I remember there were no clear signs pointing to what side was which. It wasn't until my friend popped off to go to the loo and she came back saying about the maid had to direct a woman to the correct side. About the maids, their outfits are so cool! They wear the classic classic maid outfit, you know, the black and white dress. The toilets themselves were little pods! PODS.  The toilets were all scattered apart from one another. Not much to say about the toilet itself except its like your normal loo. 
Of course I had to take 23986589764875 photos in the restroom because it was so Instagram worthy. Ha ha




Sketch Restaurant.
WOW, If you know anyone who is OBSESSED with the colour pink and all things pretty then I guarantee that they will absolutely love this place. Everything was pink and rose gold in the restaurant. It was SO stunning. 



On the walls of the restaurant there were 239 drawings, really funny drawings. I study BA Hons Fine art and I love looking at these kind of illustrations. Artist David Shrigley was the person behind these drawings. Also the ceramic tea pots and plates all had little words on them which again, by David Shrigley. 
The restaurant was dark, there were lights in the middle of the table and on the wall but it was still dark. Just giving you a heads up - Remember to turn the flash on when taking a photo! 



Onto the afternoon tea itself.
When we were seated we were given a tea menu and the waiter explained everything about the afternoon tea. The tea was lush, I got the Assam breakfast black tea. They have plenty of different kid of teas from herbal infusions, green tea to white tea. 
I think me and my friend drank about 5 cups of tea... and wine! Haha.









Then the 3 tier goody came. 
At the bottom was sandwiches,
Corn -fed coronation chicken,
Smoked Salmon and Jacobs tarragon cream,
Green asparagus/ cucumber and ricotta,
Mozzarella and pesto panini,
Egg and mayonnaise, quail egg, caviar.

Im a fussy eater when it comes to things like salmon caviar. I have never tried caviar nor salmon because I have always been so positive that i'd hate it. (Fussy eater problems.)  To my surprise the egg mayonnaise, quail egg and caviar sandwich was by far one of my favourites out of all of the sandwiches.


The middle tier was cakes!
Apricot/pistachio gateau,
Malabar marshmallows,
Lemon meringue,
Traditional opera,
Blueberry and liquorice tart.

I don't have much to say about the cakes because I loved them all, if you like cake then you'll be in cake heaven!

The top tier was
White peach/lemon verbena cheesecake,

Again, I really enjoyed the cakes.

Alongside all of this food they brought over sultana/plain scones with fig and strawberry jam and cornish clotted cream. Sooooo yum.

The waiters came over every 10 minutes or so and asked whether you want any more food or tea thats FREE OF CHARGE by the way. So if you are loving the cake and could do with eating a few more, get more!

Overall this afternoon tea for myself and a friend cost £102. Not bad considering you can literally eat as much as you want and drink as much tea as you want. I will definitely be going back, I really enjoyed it. 


Thank you for reading! 
Take care.



Find me on:
Instagram- @elizamayp
Twitter - @elizamayp_
Snapchat - elizamayp
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Aww I went here for my best friends birthday in April! You got such great snaps! Mine were all so dark :/
    Also, loving the coordinated outfit with the decor! Shrigley has a line in Flying Tiger these days! So cool :)
    Eb x
    Http://www.eboniivory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig