Monday 25 July 2016

Ruby Cosmetics.

Ruby Cosmetics


Ruby Cosmetics, Ive heard of them before when I have gone to Clothes Show Live. 
Im the type of girl that sticks with the same makeup brand because I dont want to go out of my comfort zone. I guess thats just the fear of wearing a new foundation from a different brand and by the end of the day looking streaky and bleurgh. 
I gave Ruby Cosmetics a try and their products were great, keep reading as I talk about each product!

Hollywood shimmer lip gloss



The 'Hollywood shimmer lip gloss' in the shade Ruby Red is such a stunning colour, its one of those colours that would suit and look amazing on everyone. The applicator applies the gloss on perfectly! (If you know me I am awful at applying lipstick and lip gloss, idk why but it ends up everywhere else apart from my lips ha.) The lipgloss packaging itself is great, the top of the lip gloss has a bumpy texture to it. 


                            

 Now onto applying the lipgloss. 
It wasn't sticky, which is a huge plus in a lipgloss. One thing that I cannot stand is when the lipgloss is mega sticky, makes my lips feel nasty! The first application did not come out as 'Ruby Red' as the lipgloss looked, so.. I applied another layer. (First layer is the first photo below)



I think the second layer of lipgloss (above) did come out more like the lipgloss shade that you can see through the product. Although it did take two layers of lip gloss to achieve its 'true' shade the gloss did manage to stay on all day and not loose the colour. Its almost like a stain lip gloss, which I love. This lipstick is £9.99 which is a bargain, I did find this similar to my YSL Glossy lip stains in the fact that the lipgloss stayed on all day. Big thumbs up! 
I have found a dupe, yay!



LA Sheer Contour Palette

 [Sorry about the grubby marks on the palette, I had been testing these products out for a few days before writing this post!]

I am a sucker for travel sized products. I like to bring as much makeup as I can when I travel but I HATE having to limit the amount that I take. As I usually go away for short weekends I only have carry on baggage which means the struggle of trying to fit E V E R Y T H I N G into a tiny bag. This contour palette has all the powders to blush, highlight AND contour your face! Which makes it a good little palette to put into your suitcase or even in your handbag on a night out! Its just the right size. Oh and it has a mirror on it too! 

There are 3 dark shades, Coffee, Coco and Nut. The names of the different powders sound so yummy! I used my large contour brush to apply Coco as a contour on my face because I thought the Coffee and Nut powders were too dark, but if I were to apply fake tan then they would be the correct shade to contour my face. 


Onto the highlighter! I used 'Desire' on my cheek bones, along my nose and a little bit on my cupids bow. If you cant see the difference from the photo below to the photo above (with and without highlighter) then you need specs! Look how bright the highlighter is! I am in love! I only ever used to use cream highlighters but this powdered one has definitely changed my make up routine.



Blush! I used Flirty on the apples of my cheeks and it looks so natural.. Looking at Flirty on the palette before applying it to your cheeks makes you think 'OMG ITS SO BRIGHT IM GONNA LOOK LIKE A CLOWN' but a little definitely goes a long way. 


The palette is priced at £39.99. Once my Smashbox contour palette is finished I will be buying this instead. Oh also...this palette is suitable for all skin tones! 

Brown eye shadow 

Hands up if you are absolutely rubbish at doing a smokey eye?! *puts hands up*
I have never gotten the hang of doing a smokey eye, I end up looking like I have been punched in the face (overload of brown eyeshadow.) 
With always failing at doing the smokey eye I just stick to my bold gold or glittery pink eye shadow and add eyeliner to spice it up a tad.

But Ruby Cosmetics have made it easier for people like myself to achieve the smokey eye! When opening the palette instead of there being a mirror at the top there are four very simple instructions on how to do the smokey eye!
Each shade of eyeshadow is a brown/nude tone and they are labelled with numbers to match the instructions.
How fab is this?

[Again, sorry about the grubby palette I was testing out before taking photos]

As well as four eyeshadows there is also a little eyeshadow applicator. Im not a fan on using those, I feel as though they do not do the job, also they dont always pick up enough of the product. I thought i'd give it a try anyway and to my surprise it definitely did pick up the shadow onto it. But, im still not a huge fan on using them.


My finished 'Smokey eye' using the palette! Im really pleased with it, although it isnt perfect its definitely a lot better than what I usually do! I reckon it was all down to the simple instructions that were given for me to get this correct!

EYEBROWS

My eyebrow routine is pretty straight forward.. Using a little eyebrow comb I comb these bad boys to try and neaten them up. I dont always use a powder or pencil to fill in my brows, it totally depends on what the occasion is, but I prefer to leave my brows to give it a natural look.




Ruby Cosmetics have a 'Perfect brow' template for your brows. I believe that you can buy the  'Perfect brow' templates in with the eyebrow powder and brush for only £34.99. For me, none of these templates fit for my eyebrows even the thick template. Yup, my eyebrows are like huge slugs.  I still found a way to put these templates in good use though, I used the very beginning of the template on the natural to get the perfect beginning of my brows.


[sorry about the grubby palette I was testing out before taking photos]

Below was my finished brows! Using the natural template to give the start of my eyes some shape. I kept my eyebrow makeup on from 9am until 8pm and they did not smudge once! Perfect for when the weather is mega hot because you wont have to worry about your eyebrows smudging. Wooooo





Ruby Cosmetics brushes



The eyebrow brush has two ends of the brush, the angled side gives you precise application on your brows. I like to use to pointy end of the angled brush for the very ends of my brows.
A small contour brush which gives you precise definition when applying your contour. This brush is perfect for contouring your nose, its small enough which again makes your application precise.
The large contour brush can be used for applying the contour onto your cheeks, I also use this brush to apply my highlighter and even my blush. I just make sure there is very little product left on the brush before I start applying another product.



This is my overall look using Ruby Cosmetics products.


Check out Ruby Cosmetics:
https://www.rubycosmetics.co.uk

Big thanks to The Bloggers Hangout and Ruby Cosmetics.

*opinions are my own.



Find me on:
Instagram- @elizamayp
Twitter - @elizamayp_
Snapchat - elizamayp
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig