Tuesday 26 July 2016

Matcha Green tea - Pure Chimp



I love a nice cuppa tea in the winter, curled up on the sofa in a blanket with my 2 dogs laying next to me. I am hands down one of those people that have their tea really really weak! I do like tea but I like it to have just a hint of flavour and then the rest taste milky.

So when I gave mint matcha green tea a go it was a totally different taste to my usual cuppa. Of course, it would taste a tad different but it didn't taste like what I expected.


What is green tea/ matcha green tea? and Is green tea good for you?
'Green tea has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat everything from headaches to depression.The leaves are supposedly richer in antioxidants than other types of tea because of the way they are processed.Green tea contains B vitamins, folate (naturally occurring folic acid), manganese, potassium, magnesium, caffeine and other antioxidants, notably catechins. Green tea is alleged to boost weight loss, reduce cholesterol, combat cardiovascular disease, and prevent cancer and Alzheimer's disease.'
- http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/superfoods/Pages/is-green-tea-a-superfood.aspx
'Matcha tea is slightly different to regular green tea. It’s grown under cover for the last two weeks before picking, which fills it with extra goodness, and makes it (we think) the best drink in the world.'https://purechimp.com/products/mint-super-tea-flavoured-matcha-50g


So I have been putting green tea to the test and drinking it daily to see if my health improves. I am anaemic and have had Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 shots every other month and folic acid tablets to treat my anaemia. Also, I constantly have a cold. It could be scorching hot out and il be coughing my lungs up and my nose would literally be like a running tap.  
'It is packed with antioxidants all of which are great for when you are detoxing or simply when you want to give your body a boost or when you would like to prevent free radicals from damaging your body.'  Let's see this work its magic and hopefully prevent me from getting colds all the time! 


I mixed half a tsp of the Mint matcha green tea with hot water and stirred until the powder was completely blended. I was excited to try this green tea as its 'Mint flavour.' The smell of mint, the flavour of mint. I love everything about mint. 
Whilst waiting for it to cool down I had to do the sniff test, I have this thing about sniffing stuff before I eat or drink it. (Weird, I know.) The sniff test revealed the smell of mint! It was only a slight hint of mint.

Taste test!
I was so sure that I wouldn't like it but it was nothing like what I imagined it to taste like. I was imaging it to taste like vegetables or leaves. (lol. I can't describe the taste but it wasn't as intense and 'leaf' flavoured as I thought. The only downside was I couldn't taste the mint yet I certainly could smell the mint. I'll be adding a tad bit more powder next time to see if the taste of mint will come through.





As well as just making a hot drink I decided to make Ice lollies with the 'Shot' matcha green tea packet. It says on the back of the packet that you can mix it into a smoothie. I'm absolutely rubbish at making smoothies, so I thought to make something that's pretty simple to do and great for summer. ICE LOLLIES! How did I do It? I purchased an ice lolly mould from Asda that was only £1.50! As the lolly mould was a rocket shape I filled just the bottom of the rocket up with cold water. I then popped it into the freezer for a few hours to freeze over ready for the next step.


Whilst waiting for the ice lolly to freeze I started to make the green tea. I mixed half a teaspoon of powder with cold water in a mug and stirred it until there were no lumps left. I poured in a hell of a lot of water with the powder, but thats how I like it! I didnt want to overpower the ice lolly with the taste of green tea.
When the bottom bit is completely frozen, take it out of the freezer and start to pour in the green tea on top of it. YOU HAVE TO DO IT FAIRLY QUICKLY OTHERWISE IT WILL MELT! 
Once you have poured it into the ice lolly mould pop it back into the freezer and check up on it every 3 hours or so and wait until it is fully frozen before taking out!  (Oh and be sure to fill up to the very top!)

(I USED THE POWDER IN THE PACKET NOT THE JAR!:) 

VoilĂ ! Your green tea flavoured ice lollies are ready!
          
The end of the rocket is a mega green colour but I think that's just where I took forever to pour in the green tea and the frozen water had melted a tad! Either way, they taste amazing  and they are so refreshing! I'm kinda loving the way they look too.

I'm planning on baking with the matcha green tea powder very soon as I am curious to how the food will taste! Oh and I wanna be healthy of course!
If you'd like me to video or blog on what im going to be baking with Pure Chimp matcha green tea powder then please do let me know!

Pure Chimp give 5% of their profit to charity!
Pure Chimp also have a Lemon flavoured Matcha green tea!

Pure Chimp not only do Matcha green tea they also do 100% natural skin care products!

Visit their website;
https://purechimp.com/

Their blog:
https://purechimp.com/blogs/news

Follow them on their socials;
Twitter: https://twitter.com/purechimp
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/purechimp/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PureChimp/

Big thanks to The Bloggers Hangout and Pure Chimp.

*opinions are my own.




Find me on:
Instagram- @elizamayp
Twitter - @elizamayp_
Snapchat - elizamayp

                         
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig