Sunday 6 March 2016

February Favourites


I can't believe we are already into March, this year has gone by so fast so far.. it seems the older I get the quicker the years fly by. 

This is my first favourite blog post so I thought why not start it with the month February, 'the month of Love.' There isn't a lot of things that I have been loving this month but here are a few of things I have been obsessed with.

Lace cut out shoes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-PcFBLMPrb/?taken-by=elizamayp&hl=en
A few months back I purchased black pointe lace up shoes from Topshop [the ones in the photo above.] Although they were really stiff and uncomfortable for the first few weeks, once I had worn them in they have become the most comfiest pair of shoes! So comfy that when I recently took a trip to TopShop I see black cut out pointe lace up shoes, obviously I had to purchase them. This time, I didn't have to go through pain wearing them to wear them out. Instead, I googled and come across tips and tricks on how to break into shoes. Fluffy socks and a hair dryer! 
Put fluffy socks on and turn the hair dryer on full and blow dry the back of the shoe (or wherever needs to be made softer.)



Cello Jeans


I love to style these types of lace up shoes with Jeans, Cello Jeans to be exact. I used to be a Topshop High waisted Moto jean type of girl.. until I came across an LA based company called Cello Jeans. They have so many different types of style of jeans. Who'd thought you could style a jean in so many different ways with rips. Anyway, unlike Topshop jeans the colour doesn't fade out of these jeans no matter how many times I wash them, they are a really good quality. However, they currently do not sell jeans as an individual through their website, only in bulk (for companies) but, if you are out shopping and come across this brand I recommend you buy a pair!
Here are just a few different style of jean they do, (photos taken from my Instagram @elizamayp.)






Go give Cello jeans a follow on Instagram if you want jean outfit inspo.


YSL Glossy stain



A beauty favourite that I have been loving this month is the 'ROUGE PUR COUTURE VERNIS À LÈVRES GLOSSY STAIN' in the shade 11- Rouge Gouache. This lip stain is a long wear gloss, I have been struggling to find a lipgloss stain that actually stays on the lips for longer than an hour or after I've eaten. I have been testing this stain out for the past month and I have had no problems with it! It stays on for hours, I can eat and drink and it is still perfectly intact. 
I struggle with applying lipsticks, it usually ends up everywhere but on my lips. So when I see the words 'lip gloss' I though wOooo.. then my brain processed the word stain. I was horrified, but a very helpful woman came over and was showing me the applicator brush and Voila, it was mine. The applicator has short bristles and a slanted tip, that allows me to achieve the flawless look.


                           The shade of the lip stain is a subtle red colour, it isn't too overpowering and in your face. For me, it isnt an everyday lip look but its most definitely my go to lip product for the weekend. As when I've have one too many drinks I wont have to worry about re-applying it or worry about smudging it. This product is £26.00 on the YSL website, I managed to get this for only £10 duty-free whilst on my way to France. Yay.



YSL Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils 





I actually got given this YSL Mascara as a gift for Christmas, but only recently I have started to use it. It leaves my lashes looking longer and I can do more than 3 layers of mascara and it will not leave it looking clumpy.



Daisy by Marc Jacobs 



My recent love are these miniature Daisy by Marc Jacobs perfumes. They are the perfect size to carry around in your handbag. The designs of each perfume are super cute! Whenever I go for a short weekend away I like to take one of these with me instead of a normal sized perfume, it takes up less space and I can still be smelling good.




                   

                       

Pom Pom Fairy Lights
                                                 

I have always loved fairy lights but I have never found any that I adore and want to hang up in my room. Its not as though I go out shopping and go searching for the perfect fairy lights, but I came across these Pom Pom style fairy lights. If you know me, you know that I LOVE pom poms! I got these from a shop called Tiger, they have stunning stuff in their store and also online, if I had the money, I would buy everything in the shop. 


There are 10 different coloured pom pom designs and they are all multi coloured, which spice up my dull white bed. They are so affordable too, only £6! Bargain.



Music favourites



Ive been listening to Zayn Maliks new song Pillow Talk on REPEAT.
Ive seen One Direction 4 times in concert and the most recent time I see them was last September when Zayn had already quit. It was so odd not seeing Zayn and even more odd listening to the other 1D boys singing his parts, it wasnt quite like the other One Direction concerts I have been too, you could sense that someone was missing.
I have been waiting for Zayn to drop a song ever since he went solo, at first before listening to the song I though it would be cringe -worthy? Maybe as thats because we have never seen this kind of genre of music in Zayn before.
The video feautures Zayn himself and his beautiful model girlfriend GiGi Hadid. --

 Well done Zayn. (I was tempted to drop in an old word that was once used by directioners... the song is amazayn.) Ha, il stop there.

I could go on talking about my February food favourites but seeing as we are near easter, there are just far too many chocolates that I am loving. So many that I could probably write a book about it.
- Creme eggs all day every day.-

What have been your favourites this month?

Thank you for taking time to read.


Find me on:
Instagram- @elizamayp
Twitter - @elizamayp_
Snapchat - elizamayp
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig