Monday 26 January 2015

A weekend in Amsterdam!


Last Friday myself and two of my friends decided to visit Amsterdam to celebrate one of their 20th birthdays. We searched for hours on last minute city breaks websites trying to find a hotel that was affordable yet looked stunning and homely.

Sofitel The Grand was the chosen hotel! It was around £600 for a junior suite but it was totally worth it when we arrived there! Our faces when we opened the door of our suite was full of excitement and amazement by how our suite looked. The hotel staff were so kind and were great help with showing us where the local night life was.

The Amsterdam nightlife was just like how it is back in the UK. We decided to pop into The Cool Down Cafe club, it was only 5 euros to enter and the security was very strict on entry but inside the atmosphere was full of hype and everyone dancing, including the bar men! Ha


In the club. Not sure what I'm doing with my arm?
Grey Topshop dress selfie before a night out
Top; Missguided
Black Jeans; Topshop
Boots; NewLook
Hat; Select

I did the usual tourist stuff, visited the Red light District, went to a few museums and took a canal tour of the City. Walking around the city at 3am at night I felt so safe, although there were a few strange men shouting under the influence of drugs but other than that they did not cause any trouble.




Erm... yeah just in a shoe 
TRAMS AND ROAD CHAOS!
Crossing the roads in Amsterdam seemed a lot of effort!! Trams, cars and bicycles coming out of nowhere and it was all just chaos. You would have no idea that there were roads down the side roads til a car was literally right behind you. I was oblivious for the first 2 days to the road and where the road  started and ended.


Packing for the weekend trip was impossible! Flying with Easy Jet from London Southend Airport we were only allowed a small hand luggage to take on board meaning I had to manage to fit my clothes and a side bag to take with me. How I managed to fit it all in I have no idea! I mean, I can't complain considering the flight took only 35 minutes.

At Southend Airport
Blouse; Topshop
Skirt; Urban Outfitters
Boots; Newlook
Hat; Select
Coat; NewLook
Clothes clothes and more clothes.
Right to left.
Skirt; Topshop
Grey Dress; Topshop
Heart Jumper; Topshop
Aztec Skirt; Topshop
Blouse; Topshop
Grey rollneck jumper; Topshop
FOOD food and more food

My first morning in the city I had hotel breakfast which consisted of scrambled egg, sausage and hash brown with a weird side plate of crisps and tomatoes. Im not sure if thats a thing in that city to serve crisp with a fry up? Also I took full advantage of the fact I could go up and help myself however much I wanted to the food so I also ate croissants and a cup full of pineapple and oranges, Yum.
The first night I visited a Italian restaurant and enjoyed a pasta Bolognese, fries, a coke and onion rings that was til I was sick! Oops, anyway it was pretty cheap only 14 euros! The last night I had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was called the Bridge. The menu to me seemed posh, caviar and lobster and other crazy food that I can't even pronounce! But since I'm from Dagenham I'm not quite into posh food HA HA HA so I stuck to a cheese burger, which was so filling and the picture below just doesn't do it justice of how tasty it was.

Breakfast
Dinner at the Bridges
If anyone was in doubt about going to this city I would definitely recommend them to go. Its canals and rows upon rows of different style houses were enough to win my heart.






SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Your trip looks great, nice outfits too x
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig