Monday 3 February 2014

Simple nailart!

Studying Fine art for two years at college for me to then go onto studying a BA Hons degree in Fine art, I am always finding something to draw on, whether doodling with a biro pen on my hands to painting my bedroom walls (I painted them zebra print back in the day haha.) to experimenting weird designs on my nails. I find myself painting my nails differently every other week, I either get bored with the design or the varnish just chips! Ugh.


This is a really simple and easy nail design that I always use when I want to add a bit more to my nails but not over power them!


   Before painting my nails I rub Vaseline petroleum jelly on my skin just around the nails so if you paint your nails like me and it looks as though 5 year old has just painted them, then Vaseline will become your best friend! The Vaseline will stop the nail varnish from getting dry on your skin.


These are the nail varnishes I used to create this look.

Step 1: I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Double Duty; Base and Top coat.
(I did not photograph this step.)


Step 2: Once the base coat had dried I then used Ciaté in the colours Strawberry milkshake and Party shoes. I applied two coats of each on my nails, as like the picture below. 

             
WAIT UNTIL COMPLETELY DRY TO GO ONTO THE NEXT STEP!


Step 3: Now onto the aztec design on the middle nail! For this step if you have very shaky hands then you should use a small paintbrush or anything with a sharp edge to create the lines.
I used Ciaté in the colour Snow Virgin to create the lines.





Carefully draw the X onto the middle nail.

Step 4: I forgot to photograph step 4 but its pretty simple. 
Within the X that you painted, draw a V leaving a gap between the X to show the glitter underneath.
It looks confusing but this should be what the end result looks like!




After that you can cover your nails in a top coat and bammmmmmmm. Its done.
So simple.


I hope you enjoyed my little nail design step by step guide and thank you for reading!!



SHARE:

2 comments

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig