Monday 6 June 2016

May Favourites




The last time I wrote a favourites post was back in March for February favs, the reason why I haven't posted any for the last few months is as I haven't changed my favs. Until now!


Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip repair




Its starting to get mega hot in the UK (surprise!) My lips are always so sore, everything that I have tried including vaseline does not seem to help my lips. I have watched plenty of 'Whats in my bag' and 'Favourites' videos on Youtube and come across loads of people loving the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip repair balm. I had been putting off buying it for months as its £20 for a small tub, which would drive me absolutely mad if I spent £20 on it and I didn't see any improvement.


I like to eye up products but not buy them if they are expensive unless someone I know recommends it or have said good things about the product. One day in University my friend was going through her bag and got the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Repair balm out and started applying it on her lips. That was my chance to get her to give me a mini review of the product, she really recommended the product. 

I went to House of Fraser and picked up the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip repair tub whilst my sister picked up the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip repair lip balm in the shape of a lipstick. Using the small tub allows you to put as much of the CREAM as you'd like on your lips. Whereas the lipstick balm only allows you to apply a thin layer.
To me, both the balm and lipstick balm are exactly the same just one allows you to apply as much as you want.

Every night before I go to bed I like to apply a thick layer of it on my lips so in the morning my lips are soft and almost plump looking. 
Also, after applying lipstick I apply just a thin layer on top which makes your lip stick go glossy and keeps your lips soft instead of a chapped mess!

It is the best £20 I have spent on myself.

You can buy the lip balm here:

You can buy the lip balm thats in the shape of a lipstick here:

Lace up heeled sandals



Ive seen so many of these lace up shoes as both sandals and high heels in Topshop and Riverisland over the past month or so and I just couldn't bare to spend up to £80 on them. But, I don't like to give up on finding some bargains - I managed to find these laced up heeled sandals in Miss Selfridge!
If I remember correctly they were around £39 but when I went into the shop they had a 20% discount so they were only around £30!

They currently have these sandals in Red for sale for £25 over on http://www.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/sale-offers-299053/view-all-299087/sadie-wrap-tie-sandal-5446768?bi=0&ps=40



They are super comfy and if like me, you're not the greatest at walking in heels.. its fine! The heel is very small. The only downside to these beauties is that the wrap tie unravels, but.. you can tie it up however you like. I prefer to tie the bow at the side of the shoe so that way I know when the bow unravels.

In the outfit photos above I paired the laced up heeled sandals with my Prodigal Fox dress.

Prodigal Fox



About them: "Prodigal Fox is about 
empowering women through style, feeling confident with their image, and effortlessly oozing charisma. Our aim is to produce affordable luxury that maintains individuality. We want all our vixens to become part of our brand, so we encourage feedback, photos and new ideas. With a British Heritage prodigal fox is passionate about a unique style and and great fit. We design and handmake each one of our items right here in the UK. To ensure that the quality is paramount. We source the best fabric from the most luxurious textile capitals of the world to keep all our styles exclusive." www.prodigalfox.com


Everything down to the packaging was absolutely beautiful. When opening the box it came in there was a packet of Haribo sweets (which I LOVE.)
The 'Brampton' dress itself is a Dove Grey colour and is made from a mega soft Scuba fabric. I wore this dress on a hot day in London (Yahhh we actually had a day without rain!) and before I went out I thought that wearing this would be a bad idea with the weather... I was waiting for sweat patches to appear the whole day.. but they didn't! The dress was very airy and cool to wear in the hot heat. Now onto the tag. Wow. It has my name sewn onto it! Amazing. Its the little things like the name on the tag, that just make me love something even more. Prodigal Fox hand make their dresses which are of top quality and definitely worth the money.
I love how they have thought of every little detail down to the packaging.

Guess what!?

You can get 10% off over at
https://www.prodigalfox.com 
using the code 'ELIZA'

Check out Prodigal Fox's social media.
(Their Instagram is so cool!)
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/prodigal_fox/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/prodigalfox
Twitter - https://twitter.com/prodigal_fox


YSL Lip Gloss Stain

I wrote about the same lip gloss but in the colour red back in my February Favourites. I love this lip gloss so much! It is by far the best lipgloss that I have ever used. It stays on my lips for hours, even when I'm a sweaty mess in a nightclub haha! The applicator is the exact same as my red one, oh and it smells just as nice as my other one. This time I got the gloss in the shade 27 which is a pinkish/coral colour, very similar to my lip colour. 




Adidas Originals Superstar 80's

Im not a trainer type of girl but when I walked past these beauties in Office I couldn't help but buy them. They are a blush colour aka pastel pink with a snakeskin texture across. I have never worn a pair of Adidas trainers and wowwwww, they are so comfy! The cuff is padded and the sole is cushioned which means they are perfect to go on long walks in.. (Not a trek but a walk in the park kinda walk)
I got these for £85 from Office and they are one of the best buys I have made this year.



Jewellery Amor

Jewellery Amor is an online jewellery store, they design bespoke jewellery in silver sterling. You can choose whatever word that you want engraved on the jewellery. All the products are hand-made.
I am in love with jewellery stores like Jewellery Amor that create pretty pieces, its amazing how talented people can be!

I got a sterling silver ring with the word - KISS - engraved onto it. It fits perfectly and it just adds something more to my outfits.



I was so impressed with the quality of the ring that I decided to order my friend a necklace with her name - SHALEIGH - engraved onto it and my sister a necklace with her name and her sons name - DAISY - FREDDIE - both, for their birthdays. Ever since they have received their necklaces they have not took them off.
Its a great gift, especially for those like myself and my friend who cannot find their name on necklaces and other products in shops.

Shop at -

Follow Jewellery Amor on social media:


Lush Face Mask

I hate walking into Lush and seeing all of the pretty bath bombs.. why? I dont own a bath! Never have I ever had a bath bomb in my life... sad times, right? I know! But I dont let that stop me from going into there... instead of the bath bombs I look at the face masks. Im not one to wear face masks all the time so I like to treat myself to a Lush face mask every once in a while. Previously I have used the 'Catastrophe-cosmetic' mask, the lumps of blue berries was so cool. (I am amazed by simple stuff, clearly.) This mask left my face so smooth, so... when I used up the tub I went back and decided to go for something a bit different. I chose the 'Dont look at me' face mask.




The mask is so bright and blue that I honestly look part Smurf when wearing it. I like to apply the face mask once every other day, so my skin has some time to breath without any product on. Apart from it smelling very lemon-y its my favourite mask that I have tried so far.
But, next on my list is the 'Cupcake' face mask, that stuff literally smells like chocolate cake. (Is it acceptable to eat a face mask? ha)

Imperial Leather shower cream 


On the subject of nice smelly products I am OBSESSED with the Imperial Leather shower creams. I have used and loved the Fruit chew cream before and was loving it, but recently I came across two new flavours! Marshmallow and sherbet Lemon.
Sherbet lemon smells like... sherbet lemon and marshmallow smells like marshmallows. Surprise!
If you have a sweet tooth like me then whats better than smelling like your favourite sweet. There isn't much to say about these products apart from, they smell amazing! Also, I think as they are 'fun' products for the bath and shower, maybe it may help young kids enjoy bath and showers? Idk, they may find it cool to smell like a sweet?! Just be careful that they do not try and eat it.. I mean, I wouldn't blame them they smell good enough to eat.


What have been your May favourites?


Thank you for reading.
Take care.



Find me on:
Instagram- @elizamayp
Twitter - @elizamayp_
Snapchat - elizamayp
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Absolutely love those lace up sandals �� Great blog aswell x

    ReplyDelete

© Eliza May. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig